Release Notes for Connected Business 15
Release Date: 07-01-2015
New Features and Key Benefits
- New! Support for Matrix Group as Bundle Components in Bundle Items. You can now include matrix items in your bundle items. The new feature also includes a bundle configurator, so your online customers can choose which bundle components they want to be included in their bundle item.
- New! Priority Order on Website feature. Connected Business eCommerce now allows you to set up priority order requests for your online customers, so they can pay an additional fee to have their orders placed on the top of the order process queue.
- New! Show on Web option has been added for the Payment Term in CB. If enabled, this feature will allow the system to display selected Payment Terms. Otherwise the webstore's order form will hide the Payment Term.
- New! Pricing Level Promotional Pricing on Website. Connected Business eCommerce now gives you more control over your item pricing with the new promotional pricing feature included in the web store. Applied pricing levels are reflected in real time.
- New! Tokenized Topics. Topic contents may now be appended anywhere in the webstore simply by using this line of short code called token: (!Topic Name="name-of-topic"!)
- New! Enabled Support Matrix Group added as part of Bundle Components.
- New! Priority Order enabled. This gives customers the ability to prioritize order an order with added fee.
- New! Promotional Pricing now available. You can set customer pricing according to a predetermined pricing level.
- New! Ability to set up payment terms that will be shown on website.
- New! Desktop Point of Sale now includes In-Store Pickup Notification for orders processed through the eCommerce store. When a customer chooses Store Pickup as the shipping method, POS will alert the brick and mortar store to pick the items from the inventory and put them on reserve. The store can then notify the customer via email when their order is ready for pickup.
- New! Point of Sale interface is redesigned with a new, modern, flat design.
- New! Bundle Item support for point of sale. The point of sale module can now accommodate orders for bundle items. The feature comes with a bundle configurator that allows you to specify which bundle components are to be included for the bundle item.
- New! Support for matrix items as bundle components. The point of sale module now allows matrix items to be sold as bundle components in bundle items.
- New! Support for kit items for point of sale. You can now sell Kit items from your point of sale module. The new feature comes with a kit configurator that allows you to identify which items are to be sold as part of your kit item.
- New! Direct Customer Return feature. This feature allows you to accept items that customers wish to return without a previous transaction record or receipt. This is helpful for businesses who have just recently migrated their business system to Connected Business and their previous records are not entirely available.
- New! Physical Inventory feature now loads data for 10 items per batch to optimize loading time and prevent the application from crashing. When the last item has been processed, the app will load the data for next the 10 items.
- Enhanced! Implemented support of Priority Order feature.
- Enhanced! UPS Standard included as an option when choosing Rate Quotes.
- Enhanced! Printing labels now include ZPL Image Format as new option.
- Enhanced! Contact name automatically included in newly created Drop Ship PO.
- Enhanced! Enabled filter for inactive warehouses in the Ship To form.
- Enhanced! Allowed change of payment date after initiating payment run.
- Enhanced! Enabled Data Concurrency form to appear after closing the Bill form.
- Enhanced! Pricing Levels added to Promotional Pricing feature. Filtering via pricing level is also enabled.
- Enhanced! Enabled support for Priority Items. You can assign priority to Stock, Non-Stock, and Service items.
- Enhanced! Support Matrix Group, Gift Card and Gift Certificate as component of Bundle Item.
- Enhanced! Pick feature enabled to automatically create a back order for skipped items.
- Enhanced! Enable Pick feature to sort items by bin location.
- Enhanced! Implement support of Priority Order feature.
- Enhanced! Add setting to Auto Post Physical Inventory.
- Improved! Fixed product filtering error
- Improved! Enabled Kit Item sorting order based on user preference.
- Improved! Fixed kit item price computation on shopping cart
- Improved! Corrected shipping method list assigned for anonymous user
- Improved! Corrected code for open invoices as displayed on the webstore.
- Improved! Fixed option to duplicate item on shopping cart.
- Improved! Fixed retrieval of available stock count in mobile version. This affects Google Chrome used through the iPod touch or iPhone.
- Improved! Optimized synchronization of web images.
- Improved! Free Shipping Threshold now processes discounted item amount instead of the original retail amount.
- Improved! Fixed error generated by changed Customer password when shopping from the web store.
- Improved! Addressed formatting issues within the WYSIWYG editor for the web store.
- Improved! Removed redundant text displayed under Web Description.
- Improved! Payment terms displayed on website now based on Show on Web tick box.
- Improved! Randomized Polls. If multiple polls are active, they will randomly appear where (!POLLS!) token is rendered.
- Improved! Activity time no longer changes when Opportunity column is changed.
- Improved! Fixed error when changing activity duration time.
- Improved! Serial/Lot number no longer missing in saved invoice transaction.
- Improved! Tax report no longer show voided invoices.
- Improved! Sales Order Transaction saving is now fixed.
- Improved! Fixed calculation issue for Freight amount when converting to SO. Now the SO no longer assigns Freight amount based on the handling fee.
- Improved! Fixed issued that prevent you from converting the Invoice into RMA.
- Improved! Sales Orders with active shipping labels are prevented from being voided. When the action is attempted, a prompt appears with the message: "Cannot void sales order that has an active shipment. Please void the shipment record to void the order."
- Improved! The Order forms now show the Contact Full Name as the Default Contact instead of the Contact Entity if the two fields are different.
- Improved! Fixed the discrepancy between the Available Credits and Outstanding Balance when attempting to Apply Credits.
- Improved! CustomerTransactionReceipt now automatically updates when an Invoice with applied Payment or Credit Memo is posted.
- Improved! Fixed error when converting Sales Quote to Sales Order.
- Improved! Invoices that have been previously converted to RMA can be Voided.
- Improved! Fixed discrepancy that prevents Customer Receipts from being posted and allocated to the right Invoice.
- Improved! Fixed error that prevents a Sales Order that originated as a Quote from being converted into an Invoice.
- Improved! Enabled printing international shipment label through the Shipment form.
- Improved! Corrected the object reference setting for completing the Shipment form.
- Improved! Fixed the error that occurs when modifying the details of the shipping method.
- Improved! Enabled the merge field in the fax/email template for Shipping Notification Report.
- Improved! System now prevents the generation of shipment if the SO or Invoice contains drop ship items only.
- Improved! Fixed object reference error when creating package using Manual Carrier.
- Improved! Enabled the ability to print labels with or without international document
- Improved! Shipment Notification email now contains Tracking Number.
- Improved! Fixed Endicia issue in address validation if there is a plus 4 in postal code.
- Improved! Corrected currency settings and formatting as displayed in Report Center.
- Improved! Disabled editing of Tax Code assigned under Freight and Other for Requisition / GRN / PO / Return forms marked Voided, Posted or Undo.
- Improved! Accurate pie chart generation for Aged Credit tab.
- Improved! Addressed issue in the GRN form that erases the total cost of the latest saved transaction.
- Improved! Corrected issue in Bill form that leads to calculated GST tax for only one quantity.
- Improved! Corrected invalid value for Quick Payment and Process Suggested Payments forms.
- Improved! Fixed Tax Rates calculation for settings with more than two decimal places.
- Improved! Corrected SET settings for receiving items from within the PO form.
- Improved! Enabled the Complete Order button when total received quantity is greater than or equal to total quantity ordered, while the order is in partial status
- Improved! Corrected the amount billed in Quick Payment or Payment Run when the settlement date is passed. The terms used are 30 with 2 discounts in 7 days.
- Improved! Corrected the computation of the Quantity to Order in auto-generate PO using reorder points. This action occurs when changing the Days to Stock and Lead Time
- Improved! Fixed issue that occurs when you auto-generate a purchase order if Days of Stock is zero.
- Improved! Fixed the issue when printing a purchase order with additional items.
- Improved! Fixed the Data Concurrency issue when allocating payment to bill.
- Improved! Corrected the calculation of the tax amount when the order quantity is more than 1.
- Improved! Show the correct contact name when creating drop ship and special orders.
- Improved! Fixed the issue that occurs when changing the date in the payment run.
- Improved! Inactive warehouses are hidden from view on the Ship To dropdown menu of the Purchase Order.
- Improved! Image Editor for constrained proportion now working.
- Improved! Reconciled unit selling price and net unit selling price to prevent discrepancy.
- Improved profit analysis calculations for reports with a set date range.
- Improved! Enabled item search based on ItemDescription.
- Improved! Fixed issue when updating the cost of the item per supplier when using the product update wizard.
- Improved! Message prompt displayed in the update item wizard log file when you reach the character limit of the Web Summary and Web Description columns.
- Improved! Fixed issue when saving the Web Description of category.
- Improved! CB gets the correct average cost of assembly items.
- Improved! Enabled the action that allows custom fields to be added in inventory attribute form.
- Improved! Reconciled balance and sum of Current and 120+ Days transactions when performing Aged Accounts Receivable Analysis.
- Improved! Viewed account details in Financial Reports match the account transaction totals.
- Improved! Reconciliation form now displays Fund Transfers entered for current month.
- Improved! Connected Business Import Manager for Customer records no longer accepts empty string value.
- Improved! Fixed error message stating invalid column names for User Accounts.
- Improved! Tax Override works better in the Point-of-Sale application.
- Improved! Point-of-Sale application now supports sales order creation without payment.
- Improved! Fixed items that are shown twice when receiving.
- Improved! Set needed shipping configuration such as the image type when using the provider Endicia. Created shipments are also deleted when shipping fails.
- Improved! Fixed the error that generates the message, ‘Deleted row information cannot be accessed through the row’ when scanning an item in Pick.
- Improved! Sorted items by bin location when picking orders.